People who have near death experiences all talk about a peaceful, euphoric , bright light enveloping them. From the moment we are conceived, we are moving towards that light. This is my heels diggin' in, I don't wanna' go, reluctant journey, into the light. Stephen







Sunday, January 10, 2010

You're In the Army Now.


My nephew will be shipping out to United States Army basic training in less than a week. He was here visiting over the holidays and at his request I was directed to go listen to a certain song on the puter.  It was rap. Hip Hop Sludge as I call it..  I immediately clicked over to this, and told him to get used to listening to some real music.. When he heard it, I couldn't tell if the look in his eye was pride or fear.  Exactly my emotions about him enlisting.

p.s. cuts 3 and 10 are my favs.




2 comments:

og said...

May God guide his hand and bring him home safely.

Stephen said...

Yup. Og, I believe the swell of pride eclipses the turmoil of the fearful unknown.