People who have near death experiences all talk about a peaceful, euphoric , bright light enveloping them. From the moment we are conceived, we are moving towards that light. This is my heels diggin' in, I don't wanna' go, reluctant journey, into the light. Stephen







Saturday, February 27, 2010

Blast From the Past / Predispositions



See that cross drawing hottie packing the hogleg?  The one hugging on my great-great-grandmother. Her name was Laura Allen. She was the niece of  my"Fat Granny." Mary Selena Hutcherson Maner.  I apparently inherited her habit of being armed at all times. LEGALLY armed.  I find myself avoiding places and situations where I cannot legally carry.  Something tells me Laura would approve. My little sister has those exact  chubby cheeks. As does my Aunt Jeanette. And that hat,,,, that there is a horse ridin' hat. When the brim is bent up the wind doesn't get under it and blow your hat off.  That way, after you outrun the commancheros, you don't get sunburned.


I think if Laura was posing for a pic today, it might be more like this. Strapped and ready to roll



Well, ok, I'm joking .  But I'm confident that Laura wouldn't play "victim" very well.  I doubt she would be assaulted, or raped without having something to say about the outcome. I believe she would take responsibility for her own well being. Empowerment!  Why are so many strong, intellectual women afraid to empower themselves by carrying a gun?  Why do so many cede their destiny to criminals?  Why are all aspects of personal self defense not taught to girls from the earliest ages?  Teaching empowerment builds confidence.  I like strong confident women.  I like Laura.


pics by others

9 comments:

SCOTTtheBADGER said...

Those must be evil girls, since the one on the middle seems to have a Dragunov. Your Great Great Aunt was a Southpaw?

Marla said...

That's a pretty awesome picture. I'm not really into carrying a gun, but I'm not scared of one either.

Stephen said...

Scott, that is definitely a cross draw rig, so I'm assuming she was a lefty.

Marla, what I'm afraid of is a criminal having a gun and I don't.

Altogirl said...

Because I'd shoot my eye out.

Shannon said...

Oh man - that first picture is incredible. The second one...meh. As far as women who don't carry guns...I feel sorry for their insecurities and fears.

virgil xenophon said...

How the culture has changed. Can you imagine the uproar if a female walked around with a rig like that today? Btw, the "stacked and packed" (h/t Gordon Liddy & his calender girls) gals in 2nd pic look familiar--where'd you take it from?

Stephen said...

I believe the pic was from a google image search for "girls with guns." No attribution for the photographer. I originally got it in one of those chain mass forwarding e-mails.

Anonymous said...

ativan sale ativan interactions - ativan overdose signs

Anonymous said...

http://technologiesuae.com/#7434 xanax effects bluelight - .5 xanax how many to get high