People who have near death experiences all talk about a peaceful, euphoric , bright light enveloping them. From the moment we are conceived, we are moving towards that light. This is my heels diggin' in, I don't wanna' go, reluctant journey, into the light. Stephen







Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sometimes Life Sucks



That's why I'm going out to the garage and engaging in lifesucks therapy.  Neighbors are gonna be pissed.


Jazz is the ultimate antilifesucks rhythmic medicine.  While I bang, you listen along to Regina Carter. This is what I'm going to go drum to. African American jazz violin goddess.  Seriously, check it out.


3 comments:

Shannon said...

That's right - sometimes life DOES suck - it's a good thing you have such an effective release to engage in when it does!!!

SCOTTtheBADGER said...

I find shooting has the same calming effect, with me. Loud noises are soothing.

Stephen said...

Yeah, I hadn't thought of that. The similarity between the crack of a rifle shot, and a snare drum. Does that make my bass drum a mortar?