People who have near death experiences all talk about a peaceful, euphoric , bright light enveloping them. From the moment we are conceived, we are moving towards that light. This is my heels diggin' in, I don't wanna' go, reluctant journey, into the light. Stephen







Monday, April 26, 2010

Piksher Taker Wannabe/LSD?



One of the things I like best about photography are the surprises in your pics that you never saw when you snapped them.  Backdrops and your subject's surroundings can elevate a pic from ordinary to extraordinary.  Many times when I'm uploading from my camera and see the pic for the first time full size, I'm astonished at some of the stuff I didn't see through the viewfinder.


click the pics for the LSD effect.

What is that?   Or this?



That looks like something from the Hubble space telescope. An aqua colored moon around a flat planet with rings perhaps?



That's definitely got to be green jellyfish tentacles.

I must insist that you click this one to enlarge.  Free acid trip.

Your guess is as good as mine.



I love the little swirls in the bottom right corner of that one.  So about now you're thinking to yourself, "Stephen is taking acid when he shoots pics."   The truth is, I wasn't taking the pics of any of the stuff you see above.  Yeah, Ok, I was, but it's not WHY I took them.  Here's what I was looking at.


Another cool thing, enlarge that beaver to see the reflection of his nose under his bow wave.


This moocher wanted some of my lunch.


I love how just the tiny ripples from this beaver catch the light.  Maybe it's the old adage:  Everything he touches turns to gold. Actually moochers usually come in pairs.


Last one.  My favorite from last night's stakeout at the Beaver's cove.


I love surprises.


2 comments:

bluesun said...

I like your pics.

Here's one of mine that looks kinda like that.

Marla said...

Awesome pics... That beaver looks like a cool fellow.

Marla @ www.asthefarmturns.wordpress.com