People who have near death experiences all talk about a peaceful, euphoric , bright light enveloping them. From the moment we are conceived, we are moving towards that light. This is my heels diggin' in, I don't wanna' go, reluctant journey, into the light. Stephen







Friday, February 5, 2010

Head Wrapping and Head Banging



 Brigid is touring around Ireland.  She posted  Midnight Nears, from there.  Poetry is part of me but this stuff of hers is on a higher level.  I think I have my head wrapped around it, and then I come back and read it again, and my head wrapping changes.  Seriously deep stuff.  If you haven't checked her blog out you should.  But, It's Friday, and my head hurts from all that wrappin'. So in tribute to Irish adventure, it's time for some head banging.  Flogging Molly, my favorite head-bangin' Irish stuff.  I'm going to pretend this Miller Lite is a Guinness.  Enjoy.


3 comments:

bluesun said...

Ahhhh... drunken Irish skateboarding shenanigans. I prefer Gaelic Storm, just a bit more traditional. Flogging Molly is still entertaining though.

Mathew Paust said...

Stephen - Wish I had cable, so's I could click open the vid, but our satellite server has limited bandwidth, plus the nor'easter that's been banging our coast all weekend cuts our reception in and out like a semaphore. You've a lovely blog here, and I'm adding it to my list to follow.

You're on target with your view of Brigid's poetry. Lordy, but she is good. Not a bad photographer, either. Let's see, you guys both write poetry, shoot, cook, take beautiful photos, have red hair and dance the jig. Come to think of it, I've never seen both of you at the same time! Hmmmmmmmm... ;>|

Shannon said...

Gotta love Flogging Molly! Oh yes...and Dropkick Murphys...oh yes.