People who have near death experiences all talk about a peaceful, euphoric , bright light enveloping them. From the moment we are conceived, we are moving towards that light. This is my heels diggin' in, I don't wanna' go, reluctant journey, into the light. Stephen







Sunday, March 14, 2010

Demons



There's been alot in the news the last few days about the explosion of child abuse cases involving the Catholic church.  Here in the U.S. we've known about the problem of predatory priests for years.  But Europe has remained relatively quiet on the father pedophile front. That quiet is over.  This thing is even being linked to the Pope by aggresive scribes.  The Vatican  is on the defensive.  They were already uncomfortable with their own chief exorcist.

 So this abundance of information suddenly pouring out into the info highways about the dark side of Catholicism has me pondering.  About Good and Evil.  The constant struggle between good and bad.  I have to admit I couldn't get a philosophical handle on it.  Till I took, and then uploaded this pic into my computer.  The second I opened this picture full size, it hit me.  Demons.



How appropriate that this is a Cholla cactus skeleton. The devil of cacti.  That picture just screams demon to me.  I believe in demons.  Every single one of you know there are TWO little voices in your head.  In constant opposition. 

 We have a conscience. Whether you believe it evolved over millions of years or was placed in you by God, you know you have one. If there was no evil we wouldn't need a conscience. 

 This battle against Demons, the shock troops of evil, isn't just a Catholic problem.I'm a born again Christian. Backslidden too much, I'll grant, but it's how I define myself.  And I have seen plenty of Christian leaders fall under the scythe of  ruthlessly relentless,  demonic attacks. 

Every mortal human has weakness.  Me more than most.  Our defiance in the face of demonic assault on our weak points, defines our character.  We all need to take a lesson away from this child abuse thing with the Catholic church.  The same evil waging battle in those pedophile priest's hearts and minds, is constantly after each and every one of our own weaknesses. We must recognize and confront the faces of evil every single time they come out to play.  Square your shoulders, lift your chin, and say,,,,,,,,"FUCK OFF DEMON!" 

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Bravo and ditto...well said and called for in the age we live in!!

Sadltrmp said...

Well said Stephen, as a Catholic it breaks my heart when I hear stories of these evil men who have become priests. I have known many priests throughout my life and all I have known have been good men. Some better than others, some lacking in some ways, but never an evil one among them. I fully aknowledge the truth of the problem, but it is as you said a problem of individuals losing the fight with evil.
Evil comes at us in many ways, and we have to be constantly on guard, and I for one am way too often not paying attention and easily do some backslidin' myself!
I vividly remember as a child one of the local tv stations had on movies that really appealed to me (like Francis the mule, Ma & Pa Kettle, Bowery Boys movies, etc) that started about the time we were getting ready to go to church, and of course us kids would turn the tv on and then want to watch the movie instead of going to church. We went to church.
But I'll never forget one Sunday my Mother said that it was the devil who put those movies on to tempt us to stay home from church. And I remember thinking at the time that that was crazy, it was just what was on tv the devil didn't have anything to do with television shows!
Now several decades later I realize just how right Mom was. The devil works at corrupting our souls everyday, and everyday we have to fight back. And when we lose it is good to know that God will forgive us and let us keep working to be better next time.
Take care,
Dan